Wednesday 29 January 2014

1000 Flowers for the Planet - installed at Manningham Gallery


1000 Flowers for the Planet - installed at Manningham Gallery

Tonight was the opening night for our exhibition at Manningham Gallery in Doncaster. Thirteen women studying the Diploma of Textile Art have their work displayed for the next three weeks. This is a photo of the installation of my work in progress. 397 flowers are combined to create this piece, with framed artworks also exhibited and for sale.
I've had a wonderful evening, shared with family and friends who came to support me in my artistic endeavours. Many thanks to Manningham's Curator, Megan, for putting together such a wonderful show and to my fellow artists, their supporter and everyone who attended and made this a magical evening. It has been a fantastic opening - the first of many more to come.
And to my blog readers, I hope you are enjoying the project.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MARGARET!
All I can say is....WONDERFUL! :)
Big Congratulations!!
Sue xx

Unknown said...

How are they attached to the wall? Blu-tac?! :) S xx

Margaret A. Rowe said...

Each one is individually pinned to the wall Sue.