Thursday 30 January 2014

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #109 Car Pool

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #109 Car Pool

Does someone else at your office drive the same route as you? Ask them to car-pool. Two or three co-workers (four would be even better) can take it in turns to drive everyone to work. This allows each person to save on wear and tear of their vehicle by reducing annual usage, uses less fuel and promotes better relationships with other human beings.
Maybe your children play sports or do some extra-curricular activity that enables you to car-pool with other parents by taking it in turns to run the kids to and fro.
Organising an event? Going to a wedding / party / nightclub? Open a conversation with others to see how you can car-pool to the venue.
You will help the planet by using fewer resources, creating less pollution and contributing less to traffic congestion, and the upside is that you will be able to interact with more people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Marg!
When I organise my Stitching group's annual Retreat Weekend, I put a page in the folder for car pooling. The columns are "I'm Driving", "I'm a Passenger" and "Help! I Need a Ride!" :)
Sue R xx