Saturday 5 October 2013

1000 Flowers for the Planet - Save the Whales

1000 Flowers for the Planet - Save the Whales

This is a catch-cry I remember from my childhood... "SAVE the Whales!" the people called passionately. Check out their website at www.savethewhales.org - it's a fascinating site full of information. Did you know that just one balloon can kill a whale? I sure didn't until I read their informative site and began educating myself. Admittedly they seem to be very focused on the U.S.A. and sites off the coast of California, but the lessons would be the same no matter where you live on this beautiful planet. And just learning about the dangers of balloons is a step in the right direction. Maybe you could make a donation to help them continue their educational work. 
(And yes, I have made a donation myself).


No comments: