1000 Flowers for the Planet - #487 Use Live Mouse Traps
If you have a mouse in your house, and you need to be rid of the little critter, then choose to use a live mouse trap, catch it and release it back into the wild. When you use poison to kill the mouse it has the knock on effect of poisoning other animals. For example, owls are eating poisoned mice and subsequently dying too, because the poison is strong enough to kill both animals. Dog and cat owners beware, they may also die if they eat a poisoned rat or mouse. Hawks and eagles are also at risk. Any animal that eats mice is at risk, so think about the full effects of your actions when dealing with poisons and where these toxic chemicals will end up.