Tuesday 29 April 2014

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #180 Use a Metal Peg Container

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #180 Use a Metal Peg Container

Over the past couple of decades I have actually gone through several peg containers which were made of plastic or fabric. The fabric one wore out beyond repair and the plastic ones quickly became brittle in the sunshine and broke into pieces. I now own a metal peg container that is very stylish and sturdy, and it will last me a lifetime. Buying a metal peg container means you avoid using plastic, finite resources and regular financial outlay. It gives the planet a chance to breathe. I recommend always bringing pegs indoors when not in use, as the summer sun will make them brittle and the winter rain will rust the springs. Your metal peg container will give you good service if you look after it, can be repaired if necessary and will remain a useful laundry item for years to come. It’s another step towards a plastic-free life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good idea, Marg!
My Dad made my Mum a wooden peg-box and she's used it for YEARS- as far as I can remember, she's always had it. Having a lid, it protects her (wooden) pegs, and has always lived quite happily on the back verandah. I don't remember her ever buying new pegs - hers are beautifully smooth and worn from years of use, no snagging on the clothes! :) SR