Monday 28 April 2014

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #179 Use a Metal Watering Can



1000 Flowers for the Planet - #179 Use a Metal Watering Can


As various items around my house wear out, break or split, I am replacing them with non-plastic versions. My plastic watering can hasn’t worn out yet, but give it time and the sunshine will make it brittle, then I’ll find myself watering the garden with the water pouring from more holes than usual. A galvanized metal watering can will last a lifetime though. So buy something that will do the job for a very long time, and you’ll save money, as well as avoiding an oil-based product, using finite resources and then adding it to landfill where it will take hundreds of years to break down. Buy one metal watering can that will last you a lifetime, fix it when necessary, enjoy using it in your beautiful garden and be kind to the planet.

No comments: