Friday 15 November 2013

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #40 Drive Smart - Bundle Errands

1000 Flowers for the Planet - #40 Drive Smart - Bundle Errands

There are times when we can’t avoid using the car to do our errands, but this doesn’t mean we can’t be smarter about the way in which we use the car. I don’t like shopping at all, so you won’t find me at the mall every day. I choose to put aside one day per week for all my errands and plan a circular trip in order to be efficient in my use of time and fuel. Give it a go. Bundle all your errands for the one day, write yourself a plan on the back of a used envelope and stick with the plan. Work out the most efficient route to travel (use Google maps to help initially) and see just how well-organised you become. Less time doing errands equals more time to do things you really love doing, saves money, and helps the planet.

No comments: