Wednesday 30 March 2011

Having fun with Dresden

After reading about the request for Quilts for Japan I spent a couple of days pondering what type of quilt to make. I decided to use bright fabrics to make the most cheerful quilt possible. Already working with brights for my Marmalade quilt I thought using the leftovers would be a good idea and found the perfect pattern at The Patchwork Teahouse (my happy place). The pattern is called Dresden Star and the white points are actually folded and sewn into the seam. I am having a lot of fun making this. I have no idea what the finished quilt will look like, but it will just grow out of love for my fellow human beings.

1 comment:

Marion Prime Designs said...

Hey Margaret, I saw this technique somewhere recently, isn't it just fab. Had 5 new girls come to my classes last Tuesday night after attending the Quilters Pot Luck Night. Was a busy night.