Friday 4 March 2011

Decorated Journal

I was so inspired by a friend's decorated journals I had to do my own. It started with a piece of scrapbooking paper I found recently to which I added fabrics. From left to right: beautiful red silk, a strip of white antique braid, the scrapbook paper, and a piece of black brocade (unfortunately you cannot see the gorgeous texture of the black fabric). There are four keys - my husband's surname is 'Keys' so they are completely appropriate =). One key is a little diary key, one is my DH old FC Holden (no longer living), the next is DH family home front door key (house no longer there) and the fourth is to the front door key to our first marital home together.  I finished it all off by tying scrap pieces of the red and black fabrics to the spiral binding.
This is not as good as my friend, Marion's journals, which inspired it in the first place. I'd love you to see hers at www.redthreadz.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Marion Prime Designs said...

Nice Journal Margaret. Thanks for the plug of my blog. I haven't got around to covering any more journals, but certainly will be shortly. I am starting to catch up again which is really good. Just finished reading the first novel, and absolutely loved it (a bit slow I know). I believe Tammy has ordered the next two. Talk soon. Marion.