Monday 5 October 2009

GSV MEDAL OF SERVICE

Yesterday was really a very big day for me. In the morning my family and I were running around picking up glassware, food, platters and doing last minute preparations for the book launch. In the afternoon the AGM was scheduled for the Genealogical Society of Victoria, of which I am a member. It had been suggested to me that I should go. But being in the middle of a very important day for me in regards to the book launch, I wasn't sure I'd be able to.

However, prompted by the President to make the effort, my gorgeous husband drove me into the city and dropped me off at Collins Street. The meeting was not very long, as it turned out. The highlight for me was the surprise I received on being awarded a Medal from the GSV for services to the society. This has been in recognition of the work I have done for the past ten years as sub-editor of Ancestor, the official magazine of the society. The editor, Lesle and I are both retiring at the end of the year, completing a full decade of dedication to the magazine and allowing someone else the opportunity to move the publication forward to even bigger and better things.

I have enjoyed working on the magazine and being a quiet, unseen volunteer to the society. Along the way I have also contributed articles to it. To be recognised by the society with this award has been more than I expected and I am truly grateful for it. Thank you, GSV.

1 comment:

Snooze said...

It sounds as though you deserve it ... congratulations and well done.