Monday 3 January 2011

Daughter's 21st Birthday Quit

This was my best kept secret.  I have been working on this quilt since May 2010, waiting for days that were free of other commitments and when my daughter was not home in order to create her a 21st birthday quilt that would be a complete surprise. It was finished 11:30 pm the night before she came home for her birthday, which was the following day. We had a wonderful time together on her special day, and she loves her quilt. Jacob's Ladder is the pattern, a symbolic gesture on my part to remind my daughter to climb the ladders in life that she wants to in order to achieve her goals.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I bet your daughter was amazed and very pleasantly surprised. If this is not the case, highly unlikely, I'd like to put forward that I'd love to give it a home. LOL