Thursday 27 January 2011

The Amelia Challenge quilt block

This is the first completed block for The Amelia Challenge Quilt, the next book in The Australian Challenge Quilt series. As you can see I have chosen redwork to give me the detail I wanted. Applique would have been too hard. I want to make a decent sized quilt so I will need 13 of these blocks. Better get cracking.
I will be at the Loch Festival on Sunday 6 February from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. You will find me in the CFA building with all the quilts from the Australian Challenge Quilt series. At some point I will give a talk and I will be signing books all day. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Marion Prime Designs said...

Wow, Margaret, this looks fab. I see where you are coming from. What a fabulous idea. Can't wait to catch up with you in Feb.in Geelong. I had better get myself stitching again.