Tuesday 18 August 2009

New Phase Day 7

I have heard recently that when a new CEO takes up his/her position it is said they will make their mark in the first 100 days. Hence it is common to find them counting down those days. Perhaps if I do it too I will be able to see the difference 100 days make. My aim, however, was to make myself accountable to someone or something and if I think people are reading my blog then I feel duty-bound to give them something to read each day. It's a theory.
Today I managed 1,500 words. This was not what I'd aimed for but when I consider I spent most of the day working in a voluntary capacity on a different project then 1,500 words is okay. I have a whole day to write tomorrow - so long as I don't allow distractions. I also had a phone call from a lady wanting to order a copy of Maria.
BTW - the 100 day thing reminds me of the 1969 movie, Anne of the Thousand Days with Genevieve Bujold as Anne Boleyn and Richard Burton as King Henry VIII. There is a scene where Anne is imprisoned in the tower awaiting her execution and counts out these little sticks that represent the days she was Queen. I saw it again recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. (I love Tudor history!)

No comments: