Monday 10 August 2009

First day of the new phase

I've recently changed things in my life to allow me to work on my writing more. This meant resigning from one of the two paid jobs I have, a decision which will have financial consequences but which I feel is the leap I need to take over that chasm in order to reach my goal. Now my days are better organised. I start and finish paid work at the same time each day leaving me free to work at my writing and self-marketing during the day. It's a good feeling.
Today I finished a difficult chapter with a sigh of relief. There was nothing hard about the writing of it, only that it was a chapter that had to be researched thoroughly in order to have my facts correct. It certainly wasn't my aim to instruct the reader in a particular field but the reader does deserve to have the right information. Besides, I love learning about new things, or adding to my current knowledge. Now I can move on with the rest of the story.
I also applied for the ISBN today. This is always exciting because it makes the process feel very real. It is one step towards making the story a tangible book. And I received another order in the mail which will be posted out this afternoon.
All in all a very satisfying start to the 'new phase'.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Good on you Marg for taking the bull by the horns.