Wednesday 4 September 2013

A Hug from a Friend

It has been hard to smile lately. Last Friday we buried my mother-in-law. The two months leading up to that point were difficult and very emotional as we watched her struggle to the end. Things weren't always smooth between us, but hell I loved her even so. And she loved me. She told me so every single time I visited her in hospital - looked me fair and square in the eyes and told me she loved me. Now she's gone. May she rest in peace.
Consequently I haven't felt like blogging or sharing, but I hope to do so again from now on. This photo is a perfect way to start. It's not my creativity, it is that of a very good friend who knitted me this wonderful infinity scarf. It has all the colours in the rainbow. What a beauty! Finding a parcel in the mail and opening it to receive a hug from a friend way over in Adelaide was the perfect pick-me-up. Thanks Sue.
(And in the light of a few people complaining that I haven't been blogging and showing pics of my art, I will endeavour to do so regularly.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this photo of you! Look at your smile! My intent is fulfilled!
My Mum was so thrilled to see what you look like and how the hug fits! I told her my hugs are "one size fits all"! haha