Tuesday 7 May 2013


Last Saturday, 4 May I was guest speaker at the 25th Anniversary Celebrations of the Colac Quilters. Colac is down in the western district of Victoria - see The Caroline Challenge Quilt. What a fantastic night we had! My husband came with me so we could have a mini weekend away together, and he was also welcomed by all the ladies at the celebratory dinner. One lady approached him during the pre-dinner drinks and said, "You're a man! Why are you here?" DH replied that he was here with me, and pointed across the room at me. The lady walked away puzzled until eventually she understood that I was the guest speaker, and the penny dropped.
DH was given many compliments as he helped me throughout the evening. He held up all the quilts for the ladies to see - most useful. Everyone made us feel extremely welcome, and their President, Lyn reminds me of Jane Campbell in the books, who steers the ship with a masterly hand and without fuss. Nor does she try to outshine anyone. She's a wonderful asset to the Colac Quilters. They're a warm and inviting group.
Happy Anniversary Colac Quilters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Margaret it was great having you as a guest speaker I had a great night and I'm now just trying to find time to read your wonderful book.