Wednesday 18 July 2012

Art project for school

My, oh my! I can't believe how long it is since I last blogged. Someone told me recently she had missed my blog posts. Hello Sue! I'm back.
Here is my latest stitched piece. It is not the best photograph  - a little dark around the edges despite a light shining on it. Interestingly, in a way that has achieved my aim. The idea was not to use black fabric, even though I wanted a black background. The answer was to use a very deep maroon silk and hand sew seed stitch all over it to darken the look. I think I have achieved that quite well.  The centre has satin stitched droplets done by hand with the lines sewn by machine. The shading was done using an Inktense pencil and a brush to soften it at the edges. That piece and the red satin have been needle turn appliqued in place, but the two pieces of velvet, the deep maroon and white, have been set in place using vliesofix (spelling??). It is not 'meant' to be anything in particular - just pleasing shapes. I hope you like it.


No comments: