Monday 3 October 2011

Beautiful Bendigo

This weekend past we went to Bendigo specifically to see the White Wedding Dress exhibition at the Bendigo Art Gallery. The exhibition covers the past 200 years of white wedding gowns from the Victoria and Albert Museum, London. If you get the chance to see this before it finishes on 6 November then DO. It is remarkable how well all the textiles have survived, some for nearly 2 centuries. The workmanship, by hand on most, is inspiring.
While walking about town I wanted to begin my newest hobby - photography. All I had with me was a little Kodak 'aim and shoot' digital. Nothing fancy about that. So I aimed well, and accepted what I shot. I was very pleased with all my photos, and will share more over the coming days. This photo above was taken outside what was the General Post Office but is now the Information Centre. These half horse half dragon bases to the lamps were fascinating and whilst it wasn't my intention to take a silhouette, I'm very glad it turned out that way. I love it.
I need to P.S. my post on the 4 bags I made recently. I should have mentioned another blogger who has posted the instructions for these, making them accessible for everyone. See www.quiltsalott.blogspot.com and look for the origami pouch in her tutorials. I also guarantee that you will be hooked by her blog - what a quilter!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some great photos. I havent been to Bendigo in lots of years, would love to go back and visit.

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

popping over from Tinnie Girl! Nice to meet you!

Sharon said...

My sister and two of her friends went and saw it last week - they haven't stopped talking about it since... I wish I had enough time to go see as well...