Monday 26 September 2011

Christmas Presents made

Four little bags were finished by the end of the weekend in readiness for Christmas. I had so much fun going through my stash looking for fabrics that were appropriate for each of the intended recipients and extra fun going through all my button jars searching for the perfect finishing touch. I have my own button jars, Mum's buttons and my Nanna's buttons in the original jar and tin. They are so much fun. Unfortunately my daughter was horrified at the thought of inheriting them all. Hopefully she'll change her mind one day.
 This was the first bag. The tiny spots of yellow in the fabric led to the addition of the yellow teapot. A yellow heart adorns the other side.
 This was the last one I made and I chose touchy-feely black velvet buttons that add a nice element of texture.
 The paisley actually has metallic gold in it which has not shown up in the photo. The buttons were wooden ones, in the raw!
I wasn't sure how this one would turn out because the pattern repeats on the fabric were a large distance apart but the result was very pleasing with most of the pattern on this side and all blue background on the other, giving the bag a front and a back.

2 comments:

Lotti said...

Oh I love these bags ... so nice. Found your blog through Blogtoberfest ...

fordxcore said...

Horrified at all the sewing I'll have to do to use them all up! I think it'll be up to the many-great-grandkids.