Tuesday 7 September 2010

Back in the Steeplechase

With the demise of our PC last week we took the plunge and bought an imac that is most beautiful. I am glad we decided to make the change. However, it has meant some other major changes that have created some hurdles I need to find my way over. Whilst there is a Mac version of the Microsoft programs Word and Excel, there is not one for Publisher, the program I have always used. I've had to buy a Mac compatible desktop publishing program and having installed it I sat down for a play. Nothing is going to come easily to me with this one and I find I am quite overwhelmed by the task ahead of me. Having chosen the date for my book launch I now have a timeframe to work within and it's going to be tough.
Further to all that, I still have a lot of tidying up to do on the manuscript and I find myself avoiding it each day. This is just the usual 'fear' problem, and once I work out what I'm afraid of I can overcome that hurdle too.
So, it's going to be a steeplechase this week.

P.S. I haven't worked out how to add photos to my blog either!

No comments: