Friday 30 July 2010

Way too much going on in my life

Naturally I meant to blog immediately after the Craft Fair but I have to say, so much has happened I feel like I'm running but not going anywhere.

The radio interview was fine - there was plenty of room for improvement on my part. I didn't even mention the titles of my books! However, I did learn plenty about the process and what I will and won't do next time around.

The Craft Fair was fantastic. Again, I did have a down side, which was that I was very sick with a cold. It came on the first day, Thursday and on Friday the headache was quite bad. I did manage to see the doc and get antibiotics, because of course, I had ears and throat infections. I was so chilled to the bone it took me 5 hours with the heater on full, doors closed and a quilt over me before I warmed up.
Enough of that. The gals at Blue Willow Cottage looked after me very well and I met and spoke with so many people. I did my talk every day, mostly winging it, and felt quite happy with how it all went. I get very nervous about speaking to numbers of people. That's why I chose writing as a career and not public speaking. On the last day my husband taped my talk and looking at it later that night was extremely surreal. The way I appear on the video is not one bit like the way I feel on the inside. It's not how I see myself at all. But it must be how others see me. It's quite a strange feeling. The fair was great, and I wish I could have seen more of it for myself, but I concentrated on meeting my readers. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to chat with me, and those who purchased my books. Enjoy. Have fun. And don't forget to work on your bucket lists.
If anyone missed out you can email me direct to buy the books at rowekeys01@optusnet.com.au

This week we put our baby girl (age 20 mind you) onto a plane to Germany for a holiday. It is her first time overseas, and her first trip alone. She was met in Germany by a male friend (thankfully), but I was anxious about the flight with a stopover in Dubai for a change of plane. Her instructions were to text us as soon as she arrived so we knew she was there safely, but 24 hours more passed by before we knew anything, and that came via someone else. SO we are having problems with our phones receiving text from Germany and one phone company is blaming the other provider. Aaagh. We rang our daughter and spoke with her so know she's fine, but she was very sick on the flight over. Poor kid. It's hard being a mum. Now I know how my own mother felt when I went overseas on my own age 23 (a couple of years ago, lol).

So with all this happening and fitting in my paid work hours (as opposed to writing hours which are as yet quite unpaid) I received news this morning that an auntie is in palliative care.

So many emotions.

By the way, The Caroline Challenge Quilt was finished last week, and this week I have gone over it to make any alterations and corrections. Today I will send it to my friend for editing. Even that didn't go according to plan - the printer wouldn't do as commanded despite half and hour and several pieces of paper attempting to make it print on both sides. Technology! aaagh.

Gotta laugh.

No comments: