Friday 25 September 2009

Day 34

After another day of sewing like a madwoman in an attempt to finish my Elizabeth Challenge quilt I required an ice pack to relieve my swollen hand. I have pain in my right hand and wrist, elbow and shoulder, all strange when you consider I am left-handed. The reason for the right hand playing up is twofold. I am holding the quilt firmly in my right hand as I sew, using the same pinching position all the time. The second reason is because I use that hand to operate the mouse when working on the computer and find my wrist rests on the edge of the desk, causing pressure that results in what I assume is pinched nerves. At work I have nothing to rest my arm on when doing computer work so that my arm hangs in the air and this results in the shoulder pain. The only resolution I can think of is to not do work!


Seriously though, I had spent an hour and a half in the morning creating the letterhead for the Glenvale Patchwork and Quilting Guild. I designed it a couple of nights ago and it was just a matter of making it a reality on the computer. I am very pleased with the result. Then I put together the rules for the Elizabeth Challenge quilt on the letterhead to be given to my guests at my book launch on 3 October. Am thinking I'll get them printed properly at the printer rather than on my home printer. They'll look much better.



I received and posted another order, tried to contact my machine quilter about getting the Elizabeth Challenge quilt done and even fitted in a little reading time. A fruitful day.

1 comment:

aykayem said...

ouch ... maybe you could put your mouse mat a bit further back on your desk or something? ... so that your arm has some desk to rest on, rather than an edge ...
Andrea,
who saw your e-mail, on scquilters, about blog reading and came here to look at yours (and am now following it ;-)