Wednesday 23 September 2009

Day 32



As you know I had a disaster with my Elizabeth Challenge quilt yesterday when I spilled tea over the quilt and a number of garden blocks. Today I had patchwork group with my friends so I sat down and unpicked all the hexagons that are now stained from the ink on the (recycled) papers. Here are the photos showing the unsewing I did and some of the offending hexagons. This means I will probably give up on the idea of having this quilt finished in time for the book launch on 3 October (notice I said 'probably').


Otherwise, the more positive things of the day were: another order received and a few more enquiries; the last of the sheep tickets for the launch were cut out and several handed out to people at work; and I read another chapter in the book I purchased recently to research my next novel. I also did some handwriting - put down some notes in my special handmade book about the plot for my next novel. I'll have to put up a photo of my special book - tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Naughty cup of tea. Perhaps you could have just given the whole quilt a tea bath when it was finished. It may have hidden the damage and given it that aged look.

Margaret A. Rowe said...

Unfortunately the ink on the papers ran and it was all manner of colours, not just the antique look. The ruined hexagons actually looked like they had gone mouldy - eww!