Wednesday 13 October 2010

Craft Fair inspires book idea

Here I am at the Blue Willow Cottage Stand at the Craft Fair, Royal Exhibition Buildings Melbourne, with my two books, The Maria Challenge Quilt and The Elizabeth Challenge Quilt. I was also handing out invitations to my upcoming book launch on 30 October for The Caroline Challenge Quilt.
While sitting there I was able to observe the public at close hand and it was while doing so that I was inspired with an idea for a book - A Guide for people on how to Behave. Instead of left and right pages I would have right and wrong pages. The wrong page would demonstrate the bad behaviour, such as gaping yawns without covering one's mouth, children who don't know how to say 'thank you' - so mummy does it for them, people leaving the public toilet in such a state no one can use it after them. Do you get the picture? I'm sure you do. I think the problems come from a variety of reasons - some people are just lazy even though they know the right thing to do, others don't actually know what the right thing is, and some are just pigs.
I wonder what your thoughts are?

5 comments:

Erica Spinks said...

Margaret, I have worked with the public my whole working life. I often wonder how some people can even get out of bed in the morning because they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. NOTHING surprises me!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I like the idea. Nothing surprises me either.

Sharon said...

I also like the idea Margaret, you cuold also add mother's who ignore their children when they are saying Mum, mum, mum etc and driving everyone else nuts

kathyros said...

Cant wait to get my hands on your new book, cant come to the launch - travel to melb and all that - but I am excited that a new book will soon be available. Can we order it online? Where ??

Karen said...

I like your idea. Nothing surprises me especially since I have been a secondary school teacher for 26 years. I will be purchasing your new book ASAP!! Keep up the good work Remeber you can never have too many good books nor too much fabric! <3