Thursday 24 September 2009

Day 33

It's official !! I'm a duffer. According to my friend Karen I have now been dubbed a 'duffer' for spilling tea on my Elizabeth Challenge quilt. Fair cop. I'll wear the title just like my quilt wore the tea. Apparently that now means I am (according to my dictionary) an "ineffiecient, useless or stupid person". I felt all of those things when I did it. However ... I have now completely repaired all the damage done to the quilt. So Karen needs to come up with a new noun for me.

Here are the photos of the book I mentioned yesterday. Within it I write all my ideas. The pages are completely blank, giving me a canvas on which to paint with words and ideas. I've taken to carrying it with me. Unfortunately a lot of my ideas come to me as I'm drifting off to sleep, when I am way too tired to write them down. I figure if I can remember them in the morning they are worth writing down - if not, perhaps they were bad ideas.

Apart from all the time spent fixing the quilt I also managed a phone call to a patchwork shop; received and posted off an order; sent away some more tickets for the book launch; AND I managed to read a whole chapter for research. Furthermore I came up with a design for the Glenvale Patchwork and Quilting Guild letterhead. Tomorrow I'll have to see if I can put it together on the computer.

Am very pleased with the amount achieved today.

No comments: